New York Skyline

Creating superior value with unrivaled wisdom

Our Business

Peter J. Solomon Company (PJSC), an investment banking advisory firm, provides strategic advice to owners, chief executives, senior management and board of directors of companies and institutions worldwide.

PJSC advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, financings, recapitalizations, restructurings, and activism defense. To date, the firm has successfully completed more than 500 strategic and financial advisory assignments.

In June 2016, PJSC sold a 51% stake in the firm to Natixis, a French financial services firm owned by Groupe BPCE, France’s second largest financial institution. The remaining 49% of PJSC’s ownership continues to be held by existing partners, resulting in an entrepreneurially-spirited company with a global M&A and financing platform and an increased breadth of product offerings, including:

  • Debt capital markets, including debt origination, structuring and distribution
  • Strategic equity solutions, including stock financing strategies, hedging and accelerated share buyback strategies and private equity financing
  • International reach across North & South America, EMEA and Asia

Throughout our nearly thirty-year history, PJSC has served as a trusted advisor to our corporate clients. With this latest development, our tradition of providing unbiased advice, grounded in intellectual integrity, will continue. Our goal is to bring the collective experience and knowledge of our senior bankers and the capabilities of Natixis to each assignment, advising our clients on how to achieve the optimum value and outcome for each transaction.

Practice Areas:

  • Mergers & AcquisitionsM&A is at the core of PJSC’s advisory services. We partner with clients to stimulate creative strategic solutions.
  • Restructuring & RecapitalizationWe have led some of the largest and most complex restructuring transactions over the past 20 years.
  • Special Committee & Fairness Opinion PracticeWe bring an independent voice to Special Committees and Board of Directors on a wide range of transactions.
  • Financing AdvisoryFree from conflicts, we advise clients in accessing the public capital markets as well as highly tailored, bespoke capital from specialty lenders, hedge funds and other institutional investors.
  • Activist DefenseWe advise management teams and Boards of Directors on their vulnerability to, and defense from, shareholder activism and unsolicited or hostile takeover bids.

Industry Expertise:

  • Global RetailWith a deep heritage in the retailing industry, our unique cross-sector approach and creative strategies help to generate long-term shareholder value.
  • Food Retail & RestaurantsOur team provides investment banking advisory services to clients across various food retail and restaurant subsectors.
  • E-commerce & Retail TechnologyPJSC has one of the largest senior banking teams dedicated to advising clients on how they engage with and distribute products to consumers.
  • Technology, Media & TelecommunicationsAs disruption becomes the new normal, we are in the forefront of the fast-changing media, technology and communications landscapes.
  • EnergyThe PJSC Energy Advisory Group provides strategic investment banking advisory services to public and private clients across the energy chain.
  • InfrastructureProviding private equity, pension and infrastructure funds, corporate and municipal clients with a full suite of strategic and financial advisory services.
  • HealthcareOur life sciences and healthcare services practices offer deep sector-specific knowledge.
  • Real EstateWe provide real estate financing, sales and valuation services for private and public companies.

If you have leadership skills and flourish in a team environment, think PJSC

PJSC is a member of FINRA, SIPC. Learn more about our firm and investment professionals at FINRA BrokerCheck.